Thursday, June 28, 2007

Wind of Change

I've finally typed out my resignation letter and it's now sleeping in my office desk drawer, waiting to be waken up tomorrow morning to the shocked face of my boss.

I've been thinking about resigning for ages and I'm glad I'm finally taking the final steps to realising this thought. It's sad to leave after putting in five years of hard work but I am going nowhere with the job and things are getting tougher for me to handle in terms of volume of work, staffing problems and management's disregard of the situation. I'm too overstressed not to resign now.

To the company, it's a bad time for me to leave because July, August and September are busy months. In July and August, there'll be directors' meeting to arrange and attend, accounts to audit and annual report to prepare and edit in preparation for the company's annual general meeting in September.

Beside these, I have several other projects on hand to finish. I anticipate an earful from my boss tomorrow. The flu and sinus infection I suffered from last week is making me weak physically and mentally so I must really be strong and not retract my resignation (keeping fingers crossed).

No comments: