Saturday, March 01, 2008

Five Things That Bring You Joy

At DavidM's

My comments posted there today:-
"One thing that have been bringing me joy everyday for the past week is the shallot sprouting from the little pot in my kitchen. Every night when I came home from work and as I washed my dishes, I saw the little green shoots growing higher and higher. The other day I saw another shoot sprouting from the other shallot that I had planted.

These shoots are not like the big and fat green onions I can get at the market because of the tiny pot they are growing in but they do come in handy like today when I harvested the longer ones to garnish my fried rice."


I plan to grow some garlic for its shoots. I wonder how they taste like. I also intend to plant a chilli pepper plant for its firey pepper.

No comments: