Monday, June 16, 2008

There is hope

for retinitis pigmentosa patients: Breaking News from the Foundation Fighting Blindness

This is good news. Although any "cure" may not be able to reach my father regionally or timely in the near future, I am happy for all sufferers of this genetic disease.

It's so devastasting to know that a non-curable disease is creeping up on you progressively, making you blind one day. At least, they now have hope.

But I will not let my father know about this as the news would cause him more harm than good; a simple case of so near yet so far. I can imagine how he feels at his age and in his condition. During my bad times, I feel so sad ......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Autumn,great news from the FFB; sad news about your father. I am planning on making a donation to the foundation, when I get my next pay. Take care,
DavidM

Autumn said...

Hi David,

Sorry for the late reply. I only just caught your message. I had been terribly busy and terribly down certain times during this period.

Dad saw the Ophthalmologist and I'm trying to find time to take him for an eye scan and then a cataract surgery on his right eye.

Thanks for making the donation to FFB. Anything helps.

Take care too,
Autumn