Thursday, May 22, 2008

American Idol Disappointment

Firstly, I was disappointed at the loss of Michael Johns in the top four.

Like in Achuleta, I see qualities that I felt the world had lost and which should be brought back.

Young David was amazing the last night. He mesmerised the audience and the judges and outshone Cook. He was just great on stage, charismatic and with a presence that overpowered his opponent.

We do not have to be politically correct all the time and we should recognise uniqueness when we see it.

Seriously, it was a singing competition and Archuleta sang really very well, unique in his own way. Cook was straining to hit the notes and his voice was not as powerful as Archuleta or Johns.

Cook may seem more "musical" to some people who thought that that was THE THING that make an American Idol, and I thought to myself, is it or should it be exactly what we are looking for in American Idol? So a mediocre singer who is very "musical" can be an Americal Idol?

Cook won by 12 million votes; someone mentioned landslide victory. It left me wondering why I'm not one of the crowd and I do like rock music.

With no disrespect to Cook, the result left a bad taste in my mouth. The younger David was just too stunning that final night.

I may have more to say later (or not).  I'll probably be shot down soon.

No comments: