Thursday, February 22, 2007

American Idol - Top 24

Okay, American Idol time.

The boys:

I still like Sundance. I think he has a great distinctive singing voice. I don't know why he's not performing. Maybe he should listen to the judges, stick to the blues that put him in the race in the first place.

I also like Chris Richardson. Although his voice is not too great, I like the way he sings his songs. He has his style.

I also like Blake Lewis. He's surprisingly good and very musical. I think this guy has talent yet to be revealed. I didn't notice the pitchiness Randy commented on.

I didn't like Nick Pedro the previous rounds and thought it was his good look that got him through. However, I thought he was pretty good singing "Now and Forever" He has a kind of sandy voice which I like.

I'm disappointed with Sanjaya. He could have done better with another song that would bring out his easy going voice. He also has a problem bringing out his personality into his songs.

The girls:

I think all of them did a good job except for Gina Glocksen. At the higher notes, she sounded like screaming rather than singing. I agree with Simon's comments about her notes.

The other disappointment was Antollena. Gosh, like Sanjaya, she could have done better with a better song.

Outstanding ladies - Lakisha, Jordin Sparks, Doolittle, Sabrina and Stephanie in that order.

No comments: