Thursday, March 01, 2007

American Idol Time Again

.
Looks like I'm always blogging about American Idol instead of spending time revising my story. Still, here goes.

This week's outstanding boys:

Sundance was great. I love his voice. But I think he should lose some weight and maintain an exercise routine to have a better control of his voice.

Chris Richardson performed well.

Blake was fine too though I prefer last week's song.

Nick was good with "Fever". It's a difficult song to sing and I think he did it well in his own way. I think he knows he doesn't have as strong a vocal as some of the other boys and he seems to be playing it right with his choice of songs.

And the outstanding girls:

Doolittle did very well.

I love Jordin Sparks. She's just great. She has a very powerful voice and so much potential. She sounded a bit edgy at some parts but she handled the song well. I was like "wow" when I heard she was singing Christina Aguilera. Way to go, girl.

Lakisha was very good too but Doolittle has the edge over her this week.

The other girl to watch is Sabrina. I like her voice more than Stephanie Edwards's. I think she looks great too.

The disappointment:

Sanjaya - Oh man, I'm going to sound like Randy. Seriously, I think someone should give this boy some sound advice. He has a good voice and it's going to waste. When Melinda was singing "My Funny Valentine", I was thinking Sanjaya should have sung that.

Okay, the boot:

I would have given the boot to AJ if he was still doing last week's stuff. This week he gave a much better performance so I think he deserves to stay another week. He'll still be forgetable if he doesn't try harder with the personality thing.

I think either Jared, Phil or Brandon should go. Brandon does seem to have a good voice but it doesn't stand out. I haven't hear him manage a good range yet and I'm having doubt that he's able to. Jared's good looking but his voice and performance were not outstanding this week. Neither was Phil.

Though Alaina did not sing that well, I think she should be given another chance. Her voice is actually not too bad but she always does seem out of breath at times. She should take a look at that.

Antollena is getting from bad to worse. When I heard she was going to sing Celine Dion and of all songs, "Because You Loved Me", I was like "Oh my God!" and I didn't even need to hear her sing to know she was not going to sing it well after hearing her vocal the past few weeks.

I don't think Haley was good either but I think Antollena gave the worse performance this week.

No comments: