Saturday, July 07, 2007

Bookshopping

Whenever I pass by a bookshop, I always have to go inside. I always have this homecoming feeling as I browse the place and I smile like I'm meeting old friends when I see familiar authors' names on the shelves. There're so many I want to own but so few that I can afford to buy.

Today I stopped by at Borders and got myself a set of four poetry books which was stacked at the bargain section (among other books such as cookery books), very beautifully packaged which was what caught my eyes in the first place. There're Edgar Allan Poe's complete poems, Robert Frost's selected poems, Carl Sandburg's selected poems and W.B. Yeat's selected poems. I've probably read some of the poems in the books but it's still a pleasure to own these books.

I would also have bought translated versions of Transtromer's poems if they had the stock but they didn't. I would have to make a "special request". Maybe, one day, soon.

There're actually many books sitting on the shelves in my study begging me to finish reading them. I feel guilty not reading as much as I should. Maybe after resigning from my job (and getting a "better" one) I can spend more time with them. (Keeping my fingers crossed).

No comments: