Thursday, March 29, 2007

American Idol - Top 9

I did continue to watch American Idol although I was disappointed Sundance and Sabrina were voted off. Since I have a bit of time today, I'll blog about this a bit.

I think other than the controversy over Sanjaya, the voting was quite predictable. The next to go would probably be Haley but she's pretty so who knows. Then, maybe Gina or Sanjaya.

Actually I think Sanjaya does have a good voice and he can sing. His easy going voice makes it sound as if he's not making an effort in his singing but that's his style. He just needs to push his voice a little like the last note in this week's performance. He also has an interesting (abide a bit weird) personality and it's showing in his performance lately. But still, he's definitely not better than Blake or Chris Richardson in terms of engaging performances.

Undoubtedly, he doesn't have the best voice in the competition but personally I felt he showed more charisma than Chris Sligh. I always felt Chris is lacking in something but I am not able to put my finger at what it is. I read somewhere something about X factor. I suppose that's it, whatever it is. Sanjaya has it (however weird) and Chris doesn't.

Yeah, I know it's a singing competition but if you do not have the best voice, you need to be a good performer or an entertaining one.

I suppose what I'm saying is, maybe folks could give Sanjaya a break. I've read bad messages about him and I think some of the things said were rather unfair on the poor boy. I don't think he'll make it to the final (unless he really does something to his voice and style) so there's no worry that he'll make American Idol a laughing stock.

No comments: