Thursday, March 08, 2007

Yo, American Idol!

.
The guys were forgettable except maybe for Blake and Chris Richardson although their performances were not their bests this week.

My favourite Sundance gave just an okay performance. I thought his tone was not right so his voice was not brought out strong enough and this made him sounded like he struggled with some notes. I guess it's the wrong song choice. Maybe he wanted to show he could do something else than the bluesy stuff that made him stand out. But I don't think it's bad idea just to sing the type of songs that are suitable for you. If you're a country singer, rock might not be good for you.

The next best voice belongs to Chris Sligh but other than that, there's nothing in his performance that impresses me. Blake and Chris R stand out more than him and I don't think it has anything to do with looks.

I've always thought of Phil and Jared as the weak links. They are passable but I believe AJ had the better voice. Their respective performance this week was poor and their voices not up to the AI final standard.

I still think Brandon does not have a good voice range. I think he's overrated unless he comes back next week and prove me wrong. So far, I haven't seen an outstanding performance from him.

Sanjaya's choice of song was slightly better this week but he still preferred to stay in his comfort zone. His voice was too weak in certain parts. He should really put more force into his voice and hit the higher notes when he can. I think he still hasn't proven that he's one of the pack.

So, actually, four should go but since only two are voted off, Sanjaya would definitely have to go and I think, maybe Brandon.

As for the girls, I think the last two standing in the final stage will be Lakisha and Melinda. Personally, I prefer Lakisha a bit more than Melinda. I think she can hit most notes and she has the tone and pitch that I like. Her rendition of Whitney's song was just so good. I notice and like the way her face turns soft when she is not performing that make her seems a totally different person when she is performing.

Of course, as usual I liked Jordin Sparks but her singing was a bit pitchy at times. However, she pulled it off and managed something different well. But still, it was just okay compared to some of the other better girls.

Another girl I liked was Sabrina but she didn't sing that well this week. Stephanie gave a better performance.

As for Gina, I never liked the way she sang. She tends to shout her songs and they're too loud for my ears although I could take Lakisha's and Melinda's which are equally loud and powerful because they are not shouting.

Haley was forgettable and definitely wrong choice of song. I've never really thought her voice was good anyway. She is going off the show.

So is Antonella. Her pitch was wrong, the tone was bad and she was out of tune at times. Her low notes were bad and she couldn't hit the higher notes in most parts. She is definitely the worse of the pack. Seriously, she needs to go or AI will lose its creditability.

(Please excuse the grammar. I'll correct them at a later time. I just need to block this before the results come out)

No comments: