Wednesday, May 23, 2007

American Idol Final

Jordin Sparks was great with her three songs especially the last one. I didn't know that both the finalists were going to sing the same composition.

I thought she was doing a cover version of some singer's song and I thought she sang it very well. The song sounded familiar and yet there was something original in it for her. As there was also no introduction of another winning composition, I said to my sister who was watching the show with me, "hey, how is it that she's not singing a new composition?"

Then, somewhere in the middle of the song, I realised that it was the same song Blake sang earlier. Gosh, it sounded so different and so much better. She made the song hers and it was a good close for her. She was fantastic. Like Simon Cowell said, she wiped the floor with Blake on that song.

She sang all three songs beautifully and I think with that last song, she should be the American Idol.

No comments: