Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Meralgia Paresthetica

I've been reading up on the nerve disorder my father's having and found the following informative articles which I would print for him to read.

When I asked him, he told me that there was still a slight pain on both sides at the groin area. He has finished his nerves medication but still has the painkillers. He has not been taking the pain pills because the pain has only been slight and because I've told him to only take them if it's really bad since they're not good for the kidneys, especially for his age.

Other than preventive measures, there's not much that can be done for his condition. I can only remind him to sit properly so that his stomach is not folded up and pressing on the affected area. He has a big tummy though he's not really fat. Other than that, he can't wear tight clothings and he probably may benefit with some light waist bending exercise.

His eyesight has not been good and I still haven't found the time to take him for his cataract surgery. The plan's to do it in July because June will see me with some major tasks at work. I hope he'll be patient about this.

ninds.nih.gov/disorders

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meralgia_paraesthetica

http://www.healthscout.com/ency/68/35/main.html

1 comment:

The Patient Connection said...

Meralgia Paresthetica (Burning Thigh Pain) - a new research blog

Hi

After looking at your comments I would like to take this opportunity to invite you to a research blog (again) on Meralgia Paresthetica.

We are very interested in you thought so it would be great if you could have look at the blog

To have a look ( and to tell us what you think) please click this link

http://www.thepatientconnections.com/blog.asp?bid=&uid=54

The blog is anonymous and easy to use. Instructions are given on the blog so thanks in advance for your help it is much appreciated.


Best wishes

Belinda
The Patient Connection
Belinda.shale@thepatientconnections.com