Wednesday, May 02, 2007

NaPoWriMo

Today I am on leave from work, to do some house chores, cook and take care of my dad who's on a liquid diet (and fasting at night) in preparation for a colonoscopy tomorrow morning.

I have a bit of spare time now and then to do some reading and writing but ironically, NaPoWriMo month has ended so there's no deadline to meet.

This NaPo has been extremely difficult for me in terms of time spent on writing the poems but I am glad that I am able to make it through. Each NaPo proved and confirmed things to me which I had doubted before. I have gained a lot from the experience. This year, I find that I have made progress in my writing and I was able to apply the knowledge I had gathered in my search to improve my writing, in a much easier and better way.

I've been thinking that I won't be doing NaPo next year if I'm going to be as busy I was this year. I think I know what I should be doing with my writing. I think I know what I am capable of, what I can do and what I cannot. Though the urge to do the "cannot" is as always very strong. We'll see.

My NaPoWriMo 2007's poems are here (at PFFA) or here (at Autumn Verses)

No comments: