Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Cataract Surgery

My father's going to have his cataract surgery tomorrow morning. The doctor said that by noon or latest 1 pm, he should be able to go home.

He also told me that for the first two days, my father will need eyedrops every two hours. Then, for the following days up to one month, it'll be four times a day. I hope that when I am working again, he'll be able to do the eyedrops properly himself.

I have mentioned that even with a cataract surgery, his vision may still not improve that much due to his other eye problem, retinitis pigmentosa but I hope that his vision could at least be a little brighter and clearer after the surgery.

Cataract Surgery

Eye Procedure

Retinitis Pigmentosa
(The part on genetic mutation is particularly interesting.)

No comments: